- Benjamin F. Dawson, III, PE
- Thomas M. Eckels, PE
- James B. Hatfield, PE
- David J. Pinion, PE
- Stephen S. Lockwood, PE
- Thomas S. Gorton, PE
- Paul W. Leonard, PE
- Michael H. Mehigan, EIT
- Bob Allen, CFI
- Richard J. McAlister
- Theresa Boothby
Erik C. Swanson, PE
email: eswanson (at) hatdaw (dot) com
Education: BA Business Administration, University of Washington
BA Scandinavian Studies, University of Washington
IEEE; Society of American Military Engineers
Member, Association of Federal Communications Consulting Engineers (AFCCE)
Mr. Swanson is a registered Professional Electrical Engineer. He has been with Hatfield & Dawson for 19 years. His duties include analysis of FM, television, and digital television (DTV) station coverage, including comparative analysis of potential transmitter sites using software-based propagation models.
Mr. Swanson has specialized experience in complex FM and DTV allocation and rulemaking cases; calculation of non-ionizing radiation density at multiple-use communications sites for compliance with federal and local standards for environmental impact; and preparation of FCC applications for FM, TV, and DTV technical facilities changes. He has also developed in-house software tools for database access and data manipulation, and has extensive experience with computerized mapping resources.
- Project engineer MAS system frequency selection for CelNet Data Systems.
- Project engineer for non-commercial FM station power increase and improvements analysis for Bellevue Community College, a project involving Canadian border zone interference issues.
- Project engineer for non-commercial FM station translator system improvements for Pacific Lutheran University.
- Project engineer for non-commercial FM station site selection and signal improvements for The Evergreen State College.
- Project engineer for digital television application projects in Seattle, Spokane, and Yakima, WA, and Portland, Corvallis, Eugene, Bend, and LaGrande, OR.
- Project engineer for television translator improvement projects for Rural Oregon Wireless Television.
- Terrain and landcover database development for propagation analysis project, Singapore.